Last Updated 20 November 2023
Please Read Carefully: Forward Midwifery Inc. (“Forward Midwifery”) is committed to empowering you with the information needed to make your own privacy-related decisions. We recognize the importance in protecting the privacy of your Personal Information (“Personal Information”). Personal Information means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual. Forward Midwifery may also collect information, such as anonymous usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technology as you use the Service.
Changes to this Policy: We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our Site and revising the “Effective Date” above. We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you use our Services to stay informed about our information practices and about ways you can help protect your privacy. Each time you use Forward Midwifery’s Services, the current version of this Policy will apply.
Confidentiality of Health Information
Collection of Information
· Information you Provide Forward Midwifery Directly: Forward Midwifery collects the information you provide to us, for example when you create or modify your account, register to use our Site, use our Platform to arrange for the purchase of products or services from providers, request information from us, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include your name, email address, telephone number, credit card or debit card number (solely for payment purposes through a third-party), date of birth, medical history and related health information, gender identification, and other information you choose to provide to us through our Site.
· Information Forward Midwifery Obtains from Your Health Care Providers and Other Sources. In connection with the Services, we may collect medical and health information from you or your health care providers. This may include information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, laboratory and pathology test results and reports, social histories, any family history of illness. Forward Midwifery is not a “covered entity” under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104-191, and its related regulations and amendments (collectively, “HIPAA”). However, health care providers involved in the delivery of the Services may be “covered entities” under HIPAA, and we may in some cases be a “business associate” of a healthcare provider network or a health care provider. HIPAA does not necessarily apply to us or to a provider due to the mere fact that health information is involved in our interactions, and HIPAA may not apply to your transactions or communications with us or the providers. Any medical or health information that you provide that is subject to specific protections under applicable state laws (collectively, with “protected health information,” as defined under HIPAA), will be used and disclosed only in accordance with such applicable laws.
Information Forward Midwifery Collects from Your Use of Services: Forward Midwifery collects information about you when you use our Site, including, but not limited to the following:
o Account Information. When you register with us using the Site to create an account and become a registered user, you will need to provide us with certain personally identifiable information to complete the registration, including information that can be used to contact or identify you and credit card or other billing information in some cases.
o Device Information. We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services. For example, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, geolocation information (as described in the next section below), unique device identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
o Location Information. We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services), and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information, advertising, and features. For example, if your IP address indicates an origin in Los Angeles, California, the Services may be customized with Los Angeles-specific information. In order to do this, your location information may be shared with our agents, vendors or advertisers. IF YOU ACCESS THE SERVICES THROUGH A MOBILE DEVICE AND YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR DEVICE TO PROVIDE US WITH LOCATION-TRACKING INFORMATION, YOU CAN DISABLE THE GPS OR OTHER LOCATION-TRACKING FUNCTIONS ON YOUR DEVICE, PROVIDED YOUR DEVICE ALLOWS YOU TO DO THIS. SEE YOUR DEVICE MANUFACTURER’S INSTRUCTIONS FOR FURTHER DETAILS. YOU CAN ALSO ACCESS THE SERVICES USING A VPN.
o Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies. We may use the tools outlined below in order to better understand users. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
§ For more information on cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
o Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files embedded invisibly in a web page or email that may be used to collect anonymous information about your use of our Services. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using the Services, using the selected advertisers’ websites or opening our emails, and for what purpose, and also allows us to enhance our interest-based advertising.
o Mobile Device Identifiers: Mobile device identifiers are data stored on your mobile device that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of Personal Information (such as media access control, address and location) and traffic data. Mobile device identifiers help Forward Midwifery learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors.
· Children’s Privacy: We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and we do not want it. We will take steps to delete it if we learn we have collected it. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at info@Forward Midwiferyhealth.com. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
Use of Information Forward Midwifery uses the information that we collect for the following purposes:
For the purposes for which you provided the information;
To contact you when necessary or requested;
To process your payments, communicate with you regarding your purchase of products or services from providers, or provide you with related customer service;
To provide, maintain, administer, improve, or expand the Services, perform business analysis, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services;
To protect our rights or property;
To administer and troubleshoot the Services; and
For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
We do not use or share any data about you for advertising purposes.
Sharing of Information: At Forward Midwifery, we are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
Healthcare providers and other healthcare-related entities. We may share your Protected Health Information and other information with health care providers, government agencies and other entities relevant to providing you with Services.
Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We may share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, business analytics, marketing, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.
Research and advocacy partners. We may share your information with our research and advocacy partners to conduct health-related research and advocacy as permitted by law. We will never share your name, date of birth, or phone number.
Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates that are subject to this policy.
Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction. Other purposes could include specific marketing situations, and the sale of protected health information.
Security: Forward Midwifery takes reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect Personal Information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, Forward Midwifery cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
Forward Midwifery strives to ensure that data breaches are responded to in an appropriate fashion, in accordance with the HIPAA breach notification rule and other applicable law. Individuals have the right to provide feedback on Forward Midwifery’s compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule and its HIPAA privacy policies and procedures (“Privacy Complaints”). Individuals also have the right to provide feedback on the organization’s breach notification process and compliance with the Breach Notification Rule. To provide feedback on Forward Midwifery’s HIPAA privacy policies and procedures, submit a feedback form.
Your Privacy Choices
How you can access and update your information. You can access and update certain information we have relating to your online account by signing into your intake form account and going to the account settings section of our Site. If you have questions about Personal Information we have about you or need to update your information, you can contact us at info@Forward Midwiferyhealth.com.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies; however, our Services may not function properly if you do so.
Options for opting out of cookies and mobile device identifiers. If you are interested in more information about interest-based advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link or TRUSTe’s Advertising Choices Page to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs.
Please note that even after opting out of interest-based advertising, you may still see Forward Midwifery’s advertisements that are not interest-based (i.e., not targeted toward you). Also, opting out does not mean that Forward Midwifery is no longer using its tracking tools—Forward Midwifery still may collect information about your use of the Services even after you have opted out of interest-based advertisements.
How Forward Midwifery responds to browser “do not track” signals. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Site for third-party purposes, and that is why we provide above the Network Advertising Initiative’s “Consumer Opt-out” link, Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out Link, and TRUSTe’s Advertising Choices page. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
Links to other websites. Our Services may contain links to other websites and those websites may not follow the same privacy practices as Forward Midwifery. The provision of these links is not an endorsement of or referral to the linked websites. We provide the links solely for your convenience. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of such third-parties to learn more about their privacy practices or those used by their operators.
Your California privacy rights. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights regarding their Personal Information. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at info@Forward Midwiferyhealth.com or the toll-free phone number listed within the “Contact Information” section below. For your own privacy and security we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information, as provided for by the CCPA. We will respond within the requirements of the CCPA. This Policy describes the Personal Information we collect from you and the purposes for doing so. The CCPA grants you specific rights, including the following:
· Upon a verifiable request, we will disclose to you the items listed below, one or more of which may be provided by this Policy:
· The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
· The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected.
· The business purpose behind collecting the Personal Information.
· The categories of third-parties with whom we have shared the information.
· The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
· The right to request deletion: upon a verifiable request, made through the “Contact Information” section below, we will delete Personal Information we have regarding you and direct our service providers to delete your Personal Information from their records, to the extent provided by the CCPA.
· The right to be free from discrimination: we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. If you are a job applicant, you may provide certain Personal Information to us, including email address, phone number, name, SSN and government issued identification numbers.
· We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to facilitate our response.
· We will respond to all legitimate requests within forty-five days, or as required by the CCPA. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to info@Forward Midwiferyhealth.com.
· Consent to processing of information in Canada. This Site is not targeted to and is not intended for use by Canadian or European Union (EU) residents located in Canada or the EU. EU residents may use the Site when they are located in the US. We may store your Personal Information (also commonly referred to as personal data) on servers located outside the United States, including Canada. By using and accessing our Site, users agree that their Personal Information can be stored and processed outside the United States.
No Rights of Third-Parties: This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third-parties.
Questions and Contact Information:
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints or suggestions regarding our Policy or otherwise need to contact us, please email us at info@Forward Midwifery.com or call us at 800-754-2062.